The Main Form Factors and Type of CWDM Optical Modules
CWDM optical modules can be divided into: CWDM SFP optical module, CWDM GBIC optical module, CWDM SFP + optical module, CWDM XFP optical module, CWDM X2 optical module, CWDMXENPAK optical module and CWDM LX-4 optical module.
The Differences between CWDM Optical Modules and Ordinary Optical Modules
CWDM Optical Modules VS DWDM Optical Modules: Which One to Choose?
CWDM optical modules are widely used in schools, data centers, FTTH (Fiber to the Home), 1G and 2G Fiber Channel, metro Ethernet, security and protection systems and other fields.
DWDM optical modules are mainly used in long-distance optical synchronous digital transmission networks, such as Ethernet / Fiber Channel with 200km links and 80km links.
From a cost point of view, CWDM optical modules are cheaper than DWDM optical modules. CWDM optical modules provide a convenient and cost-effective solution for using Gigabit Ethernet and Fiber Channel.
DWDM optical modules, on the other hand, typically use denser channel spacing and are used for large optical networks over longer distances. If you want long-distance SFP modules, DWDM optical modules are the ideal choice.
The Main Differences between CWDM4 and PSM4
1. The optical transmitter: PSM4 needs four integrated silicon photonic modulator and a distributed feedback laser, and CWDM4 needs four CWDM direct modulation laser;
2. The connector: PSM4 needs a MPO connector with 8 fibers, CWDM4 needs duplex LC connector;
3. The optical fiber: PSM4 is a ribbon SMF (8 core), CWDM4 is a duplex SMF;
4. The transmission distance: PSM4 is 500 meters, CWDM4 is 2000 meters
5. The four wavelength of CWDM multiplexer: PSM4 does not need, but CWDM4 needs.
CWDM optical modules are multi-rate optical modules with 20-40km, 40-80km and 80-120km transmission distances. The optical modules of different wavelengths are marked with different colors to better meet customer requirements.